Many school districts are using a Single Sign-On (SSO) platform to house all of their virtual learning. This is helpful because the kids (and parents) know to go to the same place every day to find their assignments. My district has chosen Google for Education for several years now, and I have used it in music classes as well.
When creating your class in Google Classroom (GC), there are several settings you should pay attention to. Different settings can be found in two different places within GC. Settings for one individual GC are found by clicking on the gear symbol in the top right corner. This covers settings unique to the class you are working in.
- Class details
- Class code and invitation to join
- Stream settings (who can post and comment)
- Guardian summaries (to send or not to send)
- Meet link (a permanent Google Meet link assigned to your class)
- Grading settings
- Your Profile and Password information
- Notifications --this is where to go if you are getting too many email notifications, or not enough.
I hope you are finding success as you navigate the Google platform for your teaching this fall. I promise, it WILL get easier!